Here’s a brief how-to for all freely available features on PlanningPoker.com:
- First, your Dealer/Game Organizer will create an account and set up the game with their preferred settings:
- Next, they’ll add in the User Stories or Tasks that need effort estimation:
- The Dealer/Game Organizer will send Players a game invite to join:
- Players arrive and the Dealer starts the game.
- A Player’s Gameboard looks like this:
- A Dealer’s Gameboard looks like this, although they have the option to receive cards to estimate as well:
- The team can discuss the active story, and everyone chooses a card.
- When all cards are chosen, the Dealer may choose them to automatically flip over, or they can wait to finish discussions and flip them when the team is ready:
- After the card flip, PlanningPoker.com will average the scores of the cards played and round them up to the next card in the Dealer-chosen sequence.
- You can accept the average and and move along to the next story, saving the agreed-upon total, or you edit the score to reflect something else, or reset the round to try effort-pointing again.